KIP-1 Initial Sophon Onboarding

KIP-1 Initial Sophon Onboarding

kip: 1
use: KIP-0-T1
author: hazard <hazard@keeperdao.com>
created: 2021-09-02

Preface

Proposal

Onboard the following individuals as Sophons.

Background

The first batch of Sophons is intended to be non-controversial, since this is the governance bootstrap phase. It is a mix of long-term community members and community-members-turned-contributors, with only one representative from the core team.

In the future we can look to expand roles to cover more stakeholders, notably Keepers and other key strategic users of the protocol with a stake in its success.

Individuals to onboard

Name Contact Work area Rationale
@doge soon Community Researcher in the crypto industry and occasional token strategist. Enjoys tinkering with tokenomics and studying memes. An original community member and DeFi user, long-time advocate for the protocol and DAO.
@azsom soon Community Active presence in the KeeperDAO community for a long time, demonstrates great knowledge and understanding of both the protocol and the ethos of KeeperDAO.
@rookhog https://twitter.com/hedgedhog7 Contributor Core team co-founder, advisor, and head of strategy. Former trader at Three Arrows Capital, member of eGirl Capital, founder of Fisher8 Capital.
@hazard https://twitter.com/0x81b Contributor Early community member and organizer, original community ambassador, co-founder of KeeperDAO Labs, now full-time core MEV engineer and DAO governance architect.
@Pai-Sho https://twitter.com/Pai_sh0 Contributor Early community member who began writing software to understand Hiding Game farming activity, overhauled front-end UI, was hired full-time to KeeperDAO Labs, and has been actively developing infrastructure for KeeperDAO products since early summer.
4 Likes

I think 6 might be a little low, I would like to see what others think about possible 8-9 Sophons?

My initial instinct would be to double the Contributors.

1 Like

I think 6 is fine to start with, but I don’t think I would include any Keepers yet… at least I don’t know who they would be or how to determine which would be the most effective Sophons… I’d suggest starting with 6 total and then once Keepers are onboarded and participating, increase the Sophon total by adding 2-3 Keepers.

2 Likes

I’d like to see Keeper representation early on, if not day 1. This is a DAO about aligning Keepers and users, after all.

There are very skilled and talented Keepers who will be participating in the whitelisted Coordination Game who come to mind.

edit: Because those Keepers are not yet disclosed, I think we should wait until CG is ~live. So “early on” is my preference, but not day 1

3 Likes

I’m not sure there needs to be 2 community sophons, I think 1 can represent the community more than adequately.

1 Like

Hi there,

As an early Keeper, I am willing to participate.

3 Likes

I agree with Wes. I think one sophon can represent the community.

1 Like

Based on the number of affected users, the community makes up much more of the Dao than the team or keepers. I guess i don’t understand the logic behind restricting community representation to a single sophon. There needs to be two community sophons and Doge should be one of them.

2 Likes

I agree with @Consensus about having the community having more substantial representation. If we have more than one team (labs or core) sophon and/or more than one keeper sophon, we should also have more than one community sophon.

1 Like

Thinking more on this, this would be more of a long term target.

After more consideration, I think we should nominate Keepers when Coordination Game is released (since that’s soon anyways). For now, a mix of community members, Labs, and Core is apt. Scale to mirror the stakeholder set

2 Likes

I support all 5 of the nominated sophons. Each bring great attributes to our governance process.

1 Like

What is the expected time for Keepers?

1 Like

Team isn’t giving an exact date, but things are moving along; the most recent roadmap is roughly accurate (act IV ends first half of November): https://www.keeperdao.com/files/roadmap.png

Really solid lineup!

1 Like

Honored to continue helping KeeperDAO

6 Likes

Yes, this is what I was trying to say in my comment. Once keepers are active in the CG, we will have a better idea of who would make the best Sophon… right now we would be relying mostly on suggestions from the team. Once the CG launches, the next 2-4 Sophons must be Keepers.

2 Likes

Once the CG launches, the next 2-4 Sophons must be Keepers

Definitely agree here.

1 Like